Devin Ashby presents "The Google Genealogist"
April's Virtual Chapter Meeting!!
Date: April 21.7:00pm MDT (Your time zone) Address to access the chapter meeting: http://ugagenealogy.na5.acrobat.com/vc_april_2011
Title of Presentation: The Google Genealogist
Synopsis: What are the latest tools from Google and how can I use them in my research? Come learn about products like Picasa, Alerts, Sites, Books, Video, Maps and much more that can help you save time and money as you utilize the internet to help you get the job done.Bio: Devin Ashby is a Project Coordinator for FamilySearch, the largest genealogical organization in the world. Devin has been involved in family history for years. In 2004 he received Bachelor degrees in History and Spanish, and the following year earned a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from Northern Arizona University.
15Jan/110http://www.ilgensoc.org, the new ISGS website features links to ISGS projects as well as links to other records and resources throughout Illinois including those individual genealogical home pages with an Illinois connection! Visitors are invited to explore the new ISGS website and enjoy these features:
- The current issue of the ISGS Newsletter and archived copies back to 2008
- Listings of ISGS events and events for Illinois genealogical societies
- Highlights of various ISGS projects and initiatives
- Free databases filled with information on Illinois ancestors
- A list of Illinois research resources
- To stimulate an interest in the people who contributed to the establishment and development of the State of Illinois.
- To seek, preserve, and make available data pertaining to individuals, families, and groups who lived in Illinois and to events which took place therein.
- To inform people of the value of, and need for, preserving family and local history for posterity.
- To encourage the formation of local genealogical societies and to coordinate and disseminate information.
Some of you many be wondering lately what has happened here at FindMyAncestor and the lack of blog posts, tweets, etc. Let me first apologize for how quiet it has been around here lately.
The past two weeks have been so jam-packed full of events I have hardly had time to read my email let alone make blog posts, Tweets, Facebook updates, etc. I started school again last week as well as this week I started a new job so now I am working two part-time jobs and going to school at night. Needless to say I have my hands full right now!
I have many ideas for blog posts including finishing up my reviews from last weeks Family History Expo in Sandy, Utah. There are a number of posts I want to make from that expo. There are a couple of other really cool posts that I am wanting to get up and going soon.
I am going to spend this weekend working on catching up on blog posts which I will have scheduled coming out over the next week or so, working on things for the Utah Genealogical Association, and of course work on my own genealogy. It has been a while since I have sat down and worked on my own genealogy I am having withdrawals... haha.
So, stay tuned over the next week or two for some great genealogy posts from FindMyAncestor. And again, I ask you to be patient with my lack of posts that may occur over the next few months.