28Feb/116Mobile Monday post I talked about using your mobile device to access Find My Ancestor and the blog. I said at the end of the post that I would be showing you how to make your blog "mobile friendly" whether you use Blogger or WordPress. In today's post I am going to show you how to make your blog mobile friendly if you use Blogger. The process is very simple and it will only take you a few minutes to do. The video below takes you through the process. If you have any other questions on how to make your Blogger blog mobile friendly, please leave some comments below. Next week I will show you how to do the same for WordPress blogs!
Attention smartphone users: The National Archives has released our first mobile application called “Today’s Document,” based on the popular feature on Archives.gov.This app pulls documents and information from the Archives.gov website. It appears that each day there will be a featured document, person, place etc. that you can learn more about by using your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Below are some more screenshots of the app. Features:
- Pinch to zoom and inspect individual documents and photos - each rendered as stunning high resolution images.
- Swipe a document left or right to view the previous or next day's document.
- Use the calendar icon to select a specific date or just browse documents at random.
- Tap the info icon to read fascinating background information.
- Add a document to your favorites list by tappin the star icon.
- Yesterday's Document
- Today's Document
- Tomorrow's Document
- Select a Date
- Surprise Me!