Have you been to a genealogy conference before? That is what I am thankful for today!
My first genealogy conference I went to was the Mesa Family History Expo last January. I was fortunate enough to win free tickets to the conference from the Genealogy Gems Podcast. I had no idea how much fun I was going to have, or even how many friends I would make because of that conference! I now have genealogy friends all across the country because of that conference. I even met a new genealogy friend Joan Miller who is from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
At that conference I was able to attend many classes on various topics from hard drive organization by Leland Meitzler, the Genealogical Proof Standard by Mark Tucker and Google Earth for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. Those were just a few of the many great classes taught at that expo.
Since that expo I have been fortunate to attend many others including:
- St. George Family History Expo - February 2010
- National Genealogical Society Conference in Salt Lake City - April 2010
- NGS - How Could I Pass it Up?
- Day One of NGS
- Opening Session of NGS - Jay Verkler
- NGS Conference Exhibits - Part 1
- Evidence Analysis for Genealogists - NGS Review Part 2
- NGS Review Part 3
- Southern California Genealogical Jamboree
- Sandy Family History Expo - August 2010
- Ogden Regional Family History Conference - September 2010
- Pleasanton Family History Expo - October 2010
I am also scheduled to speak at Leland Meitzler's Christmas Tour next month in Salt Lake City Utah. For more information about that tour/conference, visit Leland's blog.
I have also been asked to present at the new RootsTech Conference that will be held in Salt Lake City next February. I am very honored to be part of the great speakers that will be presenting at this new and exciting conference about technology. For more information about the RootsTech Conference and to register, visit their website.
I am hoping to attend the Family History Expo in Mesa again this next year in January, and I am definitely going to the Family History Expo in St. George. These expos are so fun and educational! I highly recommend you attend one of these conferences if you have not been to one yet!